Adding autoresponder code to my WordPress page wasn't a big problem for me all this time. That's because, I got my website designed form a third-party service initially. The Optin code came installed along with the package and I did not have to do any of the hard work. I have two optin forms installed on the right hand side of one of my pages.
Recently I made some changes to my website. Noting major, just some changes here and there, trying to format the content... you know the regular stuff. Then a couple of days ago, I noticed that the page was all messed up and I was seeing all the HTML code in place of the optin box. I tried everything I could but could get it to work. I even created a new web form and tried to incorporate the new Optin HTML code in WordPress page, but I kept getting the same error. I spent a lot of time trying to get it fixed because all the mess was showing up on my home page. I even tried to get in touch with the support of my autoresponder service, but they told me that they are not trained to provide technical support. So after searching on the internet for a solution and trying out other options for several hours, I was about to give up. Then I thought of giving it one last try.
Here's what I did:
I downloaded and installed the plugin called "amr shortcode any widget". My thanks go to the developer(s) of this plugin.Once this plugin was installed, I saw the "Shortcodes" added to my sidebar section in the widget area.(under Appearance, Widgets).Then I added a text widget under "Shortcodes".I copied the Optin HTML code from my autoresponder account.Next I pasted this code into a text widget and saved the settings.I followed the instructions given in the "Shortcode any widget" menu in the settings. (under Settings, Shortcode any widget)I added the shortcode for the text widget in my page and BOOM. I was able to get the Optin HTML code in to my WordPress page at two different places.After several hours of frustration, I finally got the Optin HTML code in WordPress page without any errors. I subscribed to my own list to check if the Optin HTML code in WordPress was working correctly. And it worked. So if you are facing the same problem with importing the Optin code to your WordPress page or post, please follow the above steps. Also let me know if it works for you as well. All the best.
For other useful information on home based business and online jobs from home, please visit the website. Don't forget to check out our top pick section to get a free website setup for you in just two days.
0 comments:
Post a Comment